Children are often found to be deficient in vitamins, micro-nutrients, and protein – but what about DHA? DHA has emerged as a front line nutrient as it plays an integral part in the development and functionality of the brain, eyes, and heart. Its supplementation is extremely important to ensure the healthy development of your child’s brain and eyes.
There is a raft of research confirming the role of DHA in IQ, memory, learning, behavior, mood, eyesight, among various other benefits – outlining DHA supplementation as perhaps the single most important nutrient during the growth of your child.
OVEGHA Kids – is a 100% vegan, high quality, pure Omega-3 DHA product. It comes in a kids’ favorite orange flavor, and offers 200mg pure DHA per serving – an amount that is clinically proven to be the adequate therapeutic dosage for children. It is meant for children age 2+.
The DHA we use is extracted from non-genetically modified micro-algae. It is produced in a FDA-inspected facility with controls in place to ensure the highest quality through all stages, right from initial algae cell cultures to highly purified oil rich in DHA.
DHA oil directly from the source, micro-algae, is completely pure and free of the various toxins that fish may carry within.
Unived’s OVEGHA Kids is a 100% vegan Omega-3 DHA supplement, which offers you 200mg DHA per serving.
Studies have proven that children who were born with pre DHA supplementation via the mother, and have been brought up with DHA supplementation – have a higher IQ and are healthier.
- Most of the brain growth is completed by 5-6 years of age. The human brain increases approximately 3.5 times in this period. During this time, DHA supplementation is vital in ensuring the normal development of the brain and eyes.
- DHA has a strong effect on aiding underachieving children.
- Children deprived of Omega-3s may have less ability to pay attention and control impulsive behavior and may be at a higher risk of depression.
- Adequate levels of DHA are required for proper brain and eye development and function. DHA is important for signal transmission in the brain, eye and nervous system.
- There were three randomized controlled trials carried out in 2009 on 229 infants. The studies concluded that 9 month old babies who were given supplemental DHA scored higher on a problem solving test as compared to babies not given DHA, suggesting that DHA may be essential for optimal cognitive development.
As a dietary supplement, children age 2+ consume one serving at night before bed, or as directed by your physician.
Parents can also add OVEGHA Kids in their kids’ favorite beverage.
One serving of our graduated dropper offers 200mg pure DHA every day.
1. Higdon J: Essential Fatty Acids. In An Evidence-Based Approach to Dietary Phytochemicals. New York, NY: Thieme; 2006: 78-99.
2. Clandinin MT et.al, Relationship between fatty acid accretion, membrane composition, and bilologic functions as quoted in Meherban Singh, Essential Fatty Acids, DHA and Human Brain.
3. Martinez M, Tissue Levels of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids During Early Human Development as quoted in Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA), Thorne Research Inc. Alternative Medicine Review, Volume 14, Number 4, 2009.
4. Kidd PM: Omega-3 DHA and EPA for cognition, behavior, and mood: clinical findings and structural-functional synergies with cell membrane phospholipids. Altern Med Rev 2007; 12:207-227.
5. Oken E, Belfort MB: Fish, fish oil, and pregnancy. JAMA 2010;304:1717-1718.
6. Stephen Daniells, Omega -3 levels linked to cognition and behavior in school children: Oxford University Study.
7. Andrew L Stoll, MD, The Omega 3 connection, pg. 40.
8. Burton Goldberg, Heart Disease, pg. 46.
9. Drover, James, Hoffman, Dennis, Castañeda, Yolanda, Morale, Sarah, Birch, Eileen. Three Randomized Controlled Trials of Early Long-Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Supplementation on Means-End Problem Solving in 9-Month-Olds . Child Development, 2009 September Volume 80, Number 5, pp. 1376-1384(9).