Unived Athlete, Charlie McKee shares this Masala Tofu Scramble recipe featuring our Super Masala Mix. The versatility of Super Masala Mix allows you to experiment and try it with your favorite recipes.
8 ounces extra-firm tofu
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp UNIVED SUPER MASALA MIX
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
water to thin
FOR SERVING (optional)
Toast or breakfast potatoes
1. Pat tofu dry let sit in an absorbent towel 10 minutes.
2. While tofu is draining, prepare sauce by adding & mixing the Super Masala Mix, sea salt, & crushed red pepper flakes into a small bowl and adding enough water to make it pourable. Set aside.
3. Chop veggies and warm a pan or skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1-2 Tbsp olive oil, onion, red pepper. Lightly season with a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook until softened (5 minutes).
4. Add spinach, season with a bit more salt and pepper, and cover to steam for 2 minutes.
5. While steaming, removed tofu from towel and use a fork to crumble into bite-sized pieces.
6. Use a spatula to move the veggies to one side of the pan and add tofu. Sauté uncovered for 2 minutes, then add sauce, pouring it mostly over the tofu and a little over the veggies. Stir immediately, evenly distributing the sauce. Cook for another 5-7 minutes until tofu is slightly browned.
7. Serve immediately with the breakfast toast or potatoes.